Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 March 2018

In This Grave Hour ~ Jacqueline Winspear


I was not in the frame of mind to appreciate this book, so that tainted my review.  The narrator, Orlagh Cassidy, has a slightly depressive voice, which didn't help my lack of joie de vivre with the story, so I elected to skip the repeated references to (the years back) tragic death of her husband and a subsequent miscarriage.  The author includes this as a very lengthy explanation, almost word for word, in every single book.  IMO, it is unnecessary and repetitious detail at this point in the series. 

The main mystery, the murder of the Belgians, wore a bit thin. The secondary mystery, trying to work out who the evacuee Anna is, and where she is from, was much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite comments are welcomed :)

The number beside each book is my personal rating for the book, or audiobook, at the time of reading with the range being:

(1) = would not recommend,

(2) = some interesting aspects but not one of my recommended reads,

(3) = would recommend.

(4) = Really good, enjoyable, (or worthy) read, would definitely recommend

(5) = Excellent book, highly recommend